Anshul Trivedi

Anshul Trivedi

19/03/2015

Playing a bad guy on TV gets you noticed: Aanshul Trivedi

For an actor who has been part of the entertainment industry for just over two years, Aanshul Trivedi's achievements are commendable. Aanshul, who has shows like "Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki "and "Kaali-Ek Punar Avatar" to his credit, has also bagged cameos in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Ram Leela" and Prabhu Deva's "Ramaiya Vasta Vaiya".

 Excerpts from a chat:






The acting bug 


I worked with music maestro Viju Shah for a while and used to be the lead Navratri singer for him in Mumbai. I was also the state swimming champion for four consecutive years! But the desire to act was always there. Since my family was very clear that I must complete my studies before joining showbiz, I did my Masters (PR and Corporate Communications) from Mumbai and joined a PR agency. Being into PR also made me familiar with the way the television industry works. While I was doing well, I wasn't good at things like office politics and realised that I can't be doing this for the rest of my life! So, I quit and thankfully, due to my association with Viju Shah, my singing took care of my financial needs for a while. Then I joined acting school and got offers from television.

TV experiences

 Playing Nimai was a great experience. "Main Lakshmi Tere Aangan Ki" was another huge break. In television, playing a character with grey shades helps you in getting extra attention.

B-Town dreams 

I am lucky to be working with Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Prabhu Deva so early in my career. I play important cameos in both the movies and Bhansali sir said that he liked what he saw in my performances! Though I am a serious and shy guy in real life, Prabhu Deva made me do some crazy things in his film which I enjoyed.

 The Times of India
Apr 20, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment